Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ninth Day in Paradise, March 5, 2010





Cant believe it's Friday already! We ate breakfast at a wonderful little oceanside hole-in-the wall restaurant called "Splashers". I had their special, Macadamia Nut/Coconut/Banana French Toast made with Hawaiian Sweet Bread. It was wonderful! To leisurely eat breakfast overlooking the bay was amazing.




We decided to go Kahalu'u Beach Park, and Don was feeling good enough he took his snorkel gear. I still am not feeling that great, so I decided not to. It's a nice black sand beach park that has lockers, a snack bar, restrooms and a craft stand. The black sand is totally different than the white sand beaches ... black sand , HURTS! And there's no real entry directly to the ocean from the beach. You have to climb over large lava rocks. I only got in up to my ankles because the rocks in the ocean hurt too. But Don maneuvered out with his fins, mask and snorkel and had the experience of a lifetime! He said he saw very large Angel fish and all sorts of beautiful neon saltwater fish.



After a relaxing day at the beach, we decided to have dinner at Splashers. The waitress told us they don't know what their dinner special is until around noon when the fishing boats come in and she finds out what's been caught. Now that's what I consider fresh fish! And it didn't dissapoint! We had coconut crusted Mahi over white rice with grilled veggies. The fish had a pineapple salsa over it. Talk about FABULOUS! Everyone knows that I am definitely NOT a fish eater, but I have to say this - every piece of fish I've eaten here has been superb. I am really going to miss this place!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Honolulu (1/08)

Honolulu (1/08)
Yes, it really is a large city!