Saturday, March 6, 2010

Eighth Day in Paradise - Thursday March 4, 2010


Only one word described today: REST. Don was feeling better than I was, but he also needed the rest! In fact, I felt so lousy that I asked Don if he would go to the grocery store and just pick something up for me to eat. Nothing actually sounded good, my head is still congested and I can't smell or taste anything. So he jumped in the convertible and drove to the store. The chicken he brought back from their deli was excellent (at least the little I could taste).

He said it had started to rain on his way back, so he attempted to put the top back up on the car but it wouldn't go up. Then he realized the trunk wouldn't close either. When he got back to the room, he called Alamo. At first they were going to send someone out to "fix" it; then decided it was better if he just returned it tonight and switch it out for another car. Good thing they did. When they looked at it, one of the latches in the trunk broke so there was no way he top was going to go back up. Imagine my surprise when he returned with a brand new 2011 red convertible Mustang with only 49 miles on it!
Hope I start to feel better to enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Honolulu (1/08)

Honolulu (1/08)
Yes, it really is a large city!