Friday, February 26, 2010

We've Arrived - Our First Day in Paradise











We've arrived! The flight over was a little bumpy as we flew into 90 mph winds. Some of the passengers appeared to be unnerved by it, grabbing their armrests as the plane rocked. Not sure why it didn't bother me; apparently it didn't bother Don either as he slept almost the entire way -- lol








Once again it was amazing to finally get here. Personally I feel like I'm home. I absolutely love these islands - guess that's kind of obvious since this is my seventh trip! Don is also developing a love for them as well. I guess I'm rubbing off on him. The weather is perfect, exactly what you'd expect in paradise. We could tell it was in the 80's, and the first thing we did when we arrived - we changed into shorts. Our condo is beautiful. I can't believe we actually own a piece of Waikiki. (In fact, as I'm typing this, we are sitting on the lanai watching the sunrise over Diamond Head Friday morning.)








After we checked in we strolled on down to the International Market Place where I found a blouse and skirt outfit (FINALLY after going through just about every store!). Then we drug ourselves back to the condo and collapsed!








We met Nathan, Laura Mae and Jaycee for dinner at Red Lobster; it was so wonderful to see them! We had actually met them at the Hale Koa (military) Hotel which is only a block away from our condo. It's a beautiful facility and we sat and visited a while in the lobby where Jaycee opened all her "presents" that we had brought. I actually had 1/2 of my suitcase full of dresses and hats and "accessories" for her ... and her first children's Bible. She's such a little fashion plate that we knew she'd like everything! (Which she did.) We had a great dinner and the walk back to the condo was very pleasant with the trade winds softly blowing and the beautiful lights of Waikiki was the icing on the cake! By 9:30 we actually collapsed into bed (you have to remember it's really 11:30 pm our time). Gearing up for another Waikiki-kinda-day!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Honolulu (1/08)

Honolulu (1/08)
Yes, it really is a large city!